Hello and welcome to your daily delve into all the City-related news, gossip and speculation doing the rounds in the paper and pixelated pages of the media.
Here’s a few morsels to get your weekend up and running.
Firstly, a collective sigh of relief and indeed a “phew” please as Gabriel Jesus’ heavyweight collision with Nicolas Otamendi during Brazil’s clash with Argentina yesterday hasn’t resulted in a broken jaw for the youngster.
“Brazil team officials confirmed that Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus did not sustain a serious injury after undergoing precautionary tests at a Melbourne hospital” report the Daily Mail.
“Jesus was taken off the field by stretcher late in Friday night's 1-0 friendly loss to Argentina after being hit by an errant elbow during an aerial challenge with club team-mate Nicolas Otamendi.
“Coach Tite had been concerned the 20-year-old Jesus had sustained a facial injury that might keep him out of Tuesday's friendly with Australia, also in Melbourne.
“But Brazil's team coordinator and former Arsenal midfielder Edu Gaspar said that Jesus had been given the all-clear.
“'Jesus is fine,' Edu announced. 'I spoke to the doctor, he said he is OK. He already did the exam to see if it (his jaw) is broken or not but nothing has happened.'
“Edu clarified coach Tite's comments that Jesus had very briefly fallen unconscious, saying he had just felt very dizzy from the blow.”
Thank goodness for that!
Elsewhere “according to sources in Chile” Alexis Sanchez is on the “brink” of joining City from Arsenal.
“The Gunners striker has been the constant source of transfer speculation for months, and it appears his future could have finally been resolved” reckons The Sun’s John Hutchinson.
“The news has been reported by respected Chilean journalist Fernando Solabarrieta, meaning Pep Guardiola’s pursuit of the former Barcelona man could finally bear fruit.
“Sanchez was undoubtedly Arsenal’s star man this season, scoring 30 goals and claiming 19 assists.
“And despite the signing of £43million Bernardo Silva, Manchester City don’t appear to be holding back in their pursuit of the title next season.
“The 28-year-old featured for Chile as they drew 1-1 away to Russia in a friendly, and got an assist for Mauricio Isla’s opener.
“When contacted by SunSport, Arsenal denied any such deal had been done concerning Sanchez.
“The Gunners forward is out of contract next year at the Emirates and looks set to depart the club this summer.
“Rather than risk losing him for free in 12 months, Arsene Wenger will have to sell now if his men are to receive top dollar.
“And the latest reports out of his homeland claim that the Chilean star knows exactly where he wants to playing next season – and it is in the Premier League.
“Journalist Maks Cardenas, who works for Cooperativa, Mega and Canal del Futbol, claimed via his Twitter that linking up with the Citizens is Sanchez’s preferred choice.
“However, Arsenal are not considering that option and will do not want to consider flogging their key man to a domestic rival.
“But this latest piece of news may prove the move is a lot further down the line than we first thought.”
I guess we’ll all have to stay tuned for that one!
That’s your lot today – enjoy your weekend, City fans!