Key quotes, milestones and stats for Wednesday's EFL Cup clash...
When and where: Man United v Man City
Kick-off is scheduled for 19:45 BST on Wednesday 26 October at Old Trafford, Manchester in the fourth round of the EFL Cup.
Injury News: United v Man City
United: Eric Bailly (knee), Marouane Fellaini (knee), Wayne Rooney (late fitness test), Phil Jones (knee)
Last Time... United v Man City
Man City went to Old Trafford on September 10 with a 100% record under Pep Guardiola.
Kevin De Bruyne's early goal was followed by a rebounded finish from Kelechi Iheanacho to put City in complete control. Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored just before half-time but City held on for their fourth win in four Premier League matches.
Guardiola: "Derbies are always special. We are going to try to play seriously and try to win the game.
"I always expect the best from United. They are strong team with quality. They are six points behind which is just two games."
Mourinho: "I am 100 per cent for Manchester United. Because of that, I feel deeply about the situation. But there is only one answer: training, and keep fighting."
- This will be the 173rd Manchester derby. City have won 50 whereas United have won 71.
- City reached the fourth round of the EFL Cup with victory at Swansea City whereas Manchester United beat Northampton Town to reach this stage.
- Jose Mourinho has won just three of his 17 meetings with Pep Guardiola (D6 L8) spanning back to Guardiola's time as FC Barcelona boss.
- The last time the two clubs met in the League Cup was the 2009/10 semi-final, which United won 4-3 on aggregate.
- Both sides have had three days to prepare since their last matches. City drew 1-1 with Southampton while United lost 4-0 at Chelsea.